Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy, happy birthday Connor dear

Happy days will come to you all year
If I had one wish then it would be
A happy, happy birthday to you from me

If you're LDS, you know this little tune and have probably had to sing it a few thousand times in your life. It is one of my favorites, lately. maybe because we've had so many birthdays and I'm singing it a lot :)

Well, today Connor turned 7 years old! And I did my motherly duty and made him listen to the (insert number of years here) years ago on this day story for the 6th time-I didn't recount it for him on his 1st birthday.

This was probably not his best birthday, as I was sick and feeling pretty yucky. But I still fulfilled my motherly duty of making his cake. Connor doesn't like icing so he requested a cake with no icing and the sprinkles in it (meaning Funfetti cake mix from a box). No problem! The hard part was, he requested a bullet bill cake. WHAT?!?! and I can't use icing?!?! Well, here is what I came up with and he was thoroughly pleased :)



He had a nice birthday and said, "This was a great day. It will become a memorable day for me" and then he gave me a great big hug. We did OK :)
Connor's new go-cart
He received a balloon physics kit from Mamaw & Papaw (VERY cool!), and lots of fun games and toys from grandma (including some awesome magnet blocks).

1 comment:

Brunno Martins said...

Congrats Connor, u hv a lovely family..hugs ftom Rio de Janeiro.