Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Our Newest Addition

No, we're not having another baby....but this one sure felt like it took forever to birth, like a baby :)

We spent 4 days putting together this backyard monster, but it was worth it. the kids are loving it! We've not completed all the landscaping around it, but you can get the idea from the picture.




Here are some other outdoor projects I've been working on. We added a border around the house so I can plant there and hopefully keep the kids and dog out



We added another boarder by the raspberries and currant bush. Added in some bird feeders and generally cleaned up the area.



I added 2 blueberry bushes, in a protected area so the lawn guys don't mow them down this year.



And here are some strawberries that I planted in a tub. I also have one of those topsy turvy strawberry planters with 30 plants in it.



I also added two rose bushes but forgot to get a picture of those. Now if I could just get the garden area tilled then I can start planting there!

3 comments:

erinmalia said...

everything looks amazing! i can see that your job is probably cheaper with a kit. i'm guessing ours will be too, but there's something about it that empowers us. i'm sure it's because we're so totally un-handy. unlike al, who doesn't need this to boost his self-esteem. :)

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

Aghhh!I really want to get a swing set like that- just not sure if it is in the budget this year. You've inspired me to get going on the gardening though- good work!

Sarah said...

It looks fabulous!!! Way to go for all the hard work!