Thursday, December 16, 2010

Lillee's 6th Birthday

Lillee is 6, AMAZING! She is a beautiful child, not just on the outside, but she's truly beautiful on the inside. She is so loving, is intensely in tune with the Spirit and loves everyone she has ever met. She often reminds me of what we should be doing to be more Christ-like. She has her moments and drives me nuts but I love her so much and can't imagine my life without her. She is a true blessing from God.

On her 3rd birthday, I started a tradition....baking a special birthday cake. It has been fun and challenging each year to offe a special cake to each child, but we all look forward to it. After Chase's birthday this year I asked Lillee what she wanted for her cake (their birthdays are only 7 days apart). She started off by saying, "Hmmmm, I don't think I should ask that because you can't do it, Mommy." Boy, was I determined to do whatever it was she wanted! She told me she wanted an elephant cake. I thought, "Easy Peasy!"

So here is her elephant cake...not so easy peasy. This cake took all day to create, but it was sooo worth it (see the video at the end of this post).

This is no small cake! It was actually 3 cakes.
The ears were made of chocolate, piped onto wax paper and then smoothed out and shoved in the side of the elephant head.
Chase had to have a bite, too :)
best gift of the birthday...Grandma got her a Monchichi and I don't know if Lillee has put it down in the last week :) Happy birthday Beanie!!!!

No comments: