Monday, October 27, 2008

Funny things kids say

I was reading my friend Ryan's blog the other day and she had just posted something really funny that her daughter had said. I realize we have those moments all the time, too. I have often wanted to record them, but I'm terrible at that sort of thing. This was one of the major reasons I started a blog.

So this morning, we're sitting around the table having school, Connor was working on a creative writing story he's been trudging through for 2 months now...we're finally on page 3 (the kid HATES writing, he loves storytelling, but really struggles to get through the actual writing). The girls have less structured school, usually coloring books, stencils, paper cutting, working on a specific number and such. Today was a stencil day.

Isabel was working on a shark stencil and this is what happened:

ISABEL: "Mommy, shark scary!"

ISABEL: "Mommy look at sharks arms."

MOM: "Those aren't arms honey, they're called fins."

ISABEL: "Mommy, shark say ROAR!!!!"

Now typically I would inject that a shark doesn't say "ROAR" but says something else, however I hesitated as I wasn't sure what sound a shark would make. I hesitated just long enough to for Lillee to pipe in, "Sharks don't say ROAR, sharks say dun na, dun na, dun na, dun na." She did a great job replicating the music used in Jaws during the attack scenes.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Hahaha! Good one Lillee!