Thursday, September 18, 2008

Guess what I was doing?

For those of you following my week, you should be able to easily answer this question...guess what I was doing at 4:00am this morning? Did you guess, "Not sleeping." You're right!!! About a month ago, my sister-in-law sent out an email saying she had been awake since 3:00am because she couldn't sleep. Trying to be funny I told here, "Not sleeping at 3:00am as the mother of 4 boys?!?! I can sleep anytime, anywhere." Well, this past week I've definitely come to realize that I was wrong.

So all week, something has had me up at 4:00am...Isabel coughing, a baby using my bladder as a trampoline or just general insomnia. Last night was no different. Al ended up getting sucked into watching TV (he NEVER watches TV so this was quite a shocker) and did not come to bed until 3:45am. Yep, I woke up...and although he was exhausted and fell right off to sleep, I was wide awake; partly because I had crashed and was snoring by 9:00pm...so technically I had already had a full night sleep by 4:00am.

Well, I got up, read some emails, putzed around the internet for a bit and then went back to bed about 5:15am thinking I would be back up in no time...Isabel was bound to come get in bed with me, right? I was wrong, she didn't get up until after 7:00am this morning!!! She hung out by herself for awhile and Lillee didn't wake up until 7:30am. It was like a miracle morning :) Everyone had slept in and after all the kids piled into the bed we didn't get up until 8:00.

I was able to get my work done this morning, do some school with the kids, bake my sister-in-laws amazing bread recipe to create delicious breadsticks and cinnamon rolls for my luncheon with 8 women and 11 kids without much effort. A good night of rest ( with drooling and snoring, of course) can make all the difference in the world!

And flowers always help! Thanks mom, I needed a hug :)


1 comment:

LBBlum said...

SEE! It's awful when you can't sleep! love your blog amanda- too cute! The kids are getting so big!
Miss you all TONS!
Laura