Thursday, September 18, 2008

Morning preparation

The Lego meeting turn out was much smaller than anticipated!!! Which means, easier to manage and less stress for me...well, at least now that it's over. Let me share how our day went.

Isabel has had croup all week and not slept well, has been whiny and cranky and just a real stinker to deal with. She wants food....nope, she doesn't want food. She wants juice....nope, changed her mind again. She wants to read...nope, you guessed it...changed her mind. She always changed her mind AFTER I had already completed the task. So anyway, it's been a challenging week with her.

She's been getting into bed with Al & me every morning around 4:30am - 5:00am. Well this morning she slept in until 5:58am. However, I woke up at 4:01am and couldn't get back to sleep....until 5:45. Yeah, go ahead and snicker or shake your head, I know you understand how miserable a feeling that is.

Lillee has also decided that this week was the perfect week to test how long she can possibly wait before going potty. Let's just say her timing stinks. Literally1 I went into the bathroom this morning and all I could smell was urine. So by 7:00am, I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor with a brush and cleaner in hopes of getting rid of the disgusting smell before 11:00am when I was anticipating a slew of kids coming over. We all spent the entire morning scrubbing and cleaning the house like I've not taken the time to do in a long while.

Not that the chore of scrubbing the bathroom is ever complete...while we finished dinner tonight, Isabel wanted a bath and we were giving in to every whim by the end of this day. After completing our night time routine and preparing to put Isabel and Lillee in bed I thought, "I'm in the home stretch!!!" However, Connor informs me that Isabel pooped in the tub, with all the tub toys in there, too. Just when I thought I was going to have a few minutes to myself, I am left disinfecting the tub and all the toys. Ok, to be honest, I rinsed everything thoroughly in hot water and will disinfect in the morning.

The weather was beautiful out today so we opened the windows, cleaned top to bottom and it felt so good. Well, I take that back...it feels terrible, right in my lower back. But I feel like I accomplished so much. And I'm hosting a luncheon tomorrow so the house is already clean. I'm exhausted and ready for a nice, long night of sleep...one of those really deep comas where you wake up with drool coming out of your mouth and your throat hurting from snoring so loudly :)

No comments: