Monday, June 15, 2009

Birdie Update

Mama Bird must have been out searching for food because she was not in her nest and I was not attacked today and as soon as I parted the branches of the bush this was what I saw



Then there was a surprise.....


Look close.....

Enlarge the picture if you must......

There are 4 little beaks in that nest....4 baby birds, not 3!

They are so sweet and I'm completely fascinated with them. Every year we have a robin make a nest in one of our bushes, but this is the first year I've been able to see the baby birds.

And here is a short video of the birds crying for food (you will hear a pedestrian on the phone in spanish in the background, but if you listen closely you can hear the babes).


1 comment:

andrewjess said...

What sweet birds! I also LOVE your new french doors- the room looks lovely!