Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The empty nester


Poor Mom! The birds are out of the nest but she's still hovering around the nest and fighting us off. It could have something to do with how mad she is with us...I knocked one of the birds out of the nest.

I know!!!

I am so ashamed.

I went to take my daily peek at the birds and as I spread the limbs of the bush I heard one topple from the nest and slowly fall through the leaves until it plunked on the ground....fortunately it was a soft landing. However we could not get him back into the nest...Mama bird was angry! She was dive bombing us at every angle.

And fortunately, it was just a day before the birds left the nest anyway...I would have been heartbroken if I had done this earlier. I don't feel too terrible as the nest was so full with 4 big baby birds that it was bound to happen, right?

Oh well, I loved them while it lasted! I can totally understand the empty-nester syndrome, now. How will I ever fill my days if I'm not constantly peeking out the window to see my little birdies?

2 comments:

Stephanie Saunders said...

How sad! I loved your posts about the birdies!

erinmalia said...

oh i'm sorry sorry to have this story line ended. i like watching the little guys grow.