Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Relay For Life Quilts

Do you all remember my dear friend Kristy and her precious daughter Katie? Katie lost her battle with brain tumors 1.5 years ago at the tender age of 3 years old. Two years ago I started a Relay For Life team on behalf of Katie and we had great success. This past year, Kristy co-captained the team and really brought amazing energy with her. She put together a quilt project where the team members could sell quilt squares for donations to Relay For Life and then she had the quilts put together with volunteers. We ended up with 12 quilts! Look at these beauitful creations!


























Today, my children and I get to deliver these wonderful donations to Children's Hospital in DC to be distributed to children diagnosed with cancer. What a blessing it is for my children to see the beauty of love through service to others and to be able to deliver such love to those who might need some comfort today.

No comments: